Language: Polish / English
Wojciech Kubica – an outstanding Polish pianist who performed with an orchestra for the first time at the age of 12. Laureate of international piano competitions, performing in Poland and abroad with renowned orchestras and world-famous musicians.
He conducts lively pedagogical activity. He was a lecturer at the Academy of Music in Wrocław, Katowice, and currently, the Academy of Music in Łódź, where in 2019 he obtained the title of habilitated doctor of arts, conducts a piano class and cooperates with prof. Cezary Sanecki.
– State Primary Music School in Goleniów (class of Magdalena Kochan)
– The State Secondary Music School in Szczecin (class of Dr Mikołaj Szczęsny)
– Academy of Music Karol Szymanowski in Katowice (class of Prof. Joanna Domański).
– Academy of Music Karol Lipiński in Wrocław: Postgraduate Master Studies (class of Prof. Grzegorz Kurzyński)
– other educators: Nelson Goerner, Karl-Heinz Kämmerling, Kevin Kenner, Vladimir Krainev and Vladimir Viardo.
– as a soloist he has given concerts all over Poland (including Wrocław, Szczecin, Wałbrzych, Łódź, Lublin, Olsztyn, Płock, Łomża, Poznań, Kraków, Warsaw, Zakopane) and abroad (Belarus, Belgium, China, Spain, Jordan, Germany, Russia, Italy, Ukraine)
– as a pianist-chamber musician, cooperation with: the Summer Academy of Music in Żagań, the Master Courses of Music in Szamotuły, the European Center of Krzysztof Penderecki in Lusławice and the Santander Orchestra cooperating, among others with Arto Noras, Wolfgang Schmidt, Michael Flaksman or Markus Nyikos, and the most outstanding Polish cellists of the young generation, such as Marcel Markowski, Tomasz Daroch, Adam Krzeszowiec, Marcin Zdunik, Maciej Kułakowski and Michał Balas.
– as a soloist he performed with the following orchestras: Philharmonic in Szczecin, Łódź, Warmia and Mazury, Płock, Kaliska, Łomżyńska, the Capella Samotulinum orchestra and the orchestra of the Opera in the Castle in Szczecin under the baton of such conductors as Eduard Ambartsumian, Jacek Delekta, Piotr Klocek, Adam, Adam Koczur, Jacek Kraszewski, Warcisław Kunc, Janusz Przybylski, Remigiusz Skorwider, Marcin Wolniewski and Jan Miłosz Zarzycki
– a teacher in the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice (in 2005–2007),
– a teacher in the Academy of Music in Wrocław (2005-2015)
– since 2008 he has been an assistant in the piano class of prof. Cezary Sanecki at the Academy of Music in Łódź
– I prize at the International Piano Competition in Kyiv (2003),
– IV prize and a special prize for the performance of César Franck’s sonata at the Val Tidone International Chamber Music Competition in Italy
– II prize at the International Chamber Music Competition Grażyna
and Kiejstut Bacewicz in Łódź (2013)
– In 2007, at the Polish National Cello Competition D. Danczowski received a pianist diploma for his special contribution to the artistic value of competition performances.
In 2017, the pianist recorded an album with the cellist Stanisław Firlej containing sonatas for piano and cello by Ludwig van Beethoven for the Polish label DUX.