Language: English / Polish / French
Jadwiga Kotnowska -an outstanding Polish flautist, she is the first Polish laureate of eight international flute competitions, as a soloist, she has performed in concert halls, all over the world, and in Poland, she has performed with all leading symphony and chamber orchestras. The artist teaches the flute class at the Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz.
The artist became an inspiration to compose specially dedicated flute concertos by such composers as: M. Górecki, H. Kulenty, M. Ptaszyńska, J. Maksymiuk, D. Przybylski, M. Małecki, K.Dębski, A. Jagodziński, Włodek Pawlik, P Wróbel, R. Kurdybach, K. Knittel. She is the first Polish performer of concertos by H. M. Górecki and K. Penderecki under the direction of the composer.
– The University of Music in Warsaw (flute class of Prof. E. Dastych Szwarc)
– pedagogues: A. Nicolet (Switzerland), J. P. Rampal and A. Marion (France)
– as a soloist, she has performed: Berlin Philharmonic, Schauspielhaus Berlin, Lincoln Center in New York, Grieg Hall in Bergen Tivoli Hall in Copenhagen, Palau de Musica in Barcelona, Teatro Real in Madrid, South Bank Center / Purcell Room in London, De Doelen in Rotterdam, Salle Moliere in Lyon, Great Concert Hall of the Moscow Conservatory, KLCC in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
– soloist at festivals: Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival (Finland), Bergen International Festival – Grieg Hall (Norway)
– cooperation as a soloist: National Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra and at festivals of contemporary music: Warsaw Autumn, Premiere Festival in Katowice, Musica Electronica Nova in Wrocław, K. Penderecki Festival in Krakow, the inauguration of the Mozart Festival in Warsaw
– numerous world and Polish premieres
– In his projects combining classical music with jazz, he collaborates with outstanding musicians such as Andrzej Jagodziński, Krzysztof Herdzin, Kuba Stankiewicz, Jose Manuel Alban Juarez, Mike Richmond.
-flute class teacher: Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz
– master courses teacher: USA, Malaysia, Finland, France, Italy, Spain and at the Royal College of Music in London
– laureate of the International Flute Competition Queen Sophia in Madrid,
– laureate of the International Competition Maria Canals in Barcelona,
– laureate of the International Competition G. B. Viotti in Vercelli,
– laureate of the International Competition V. Bucchi in Rome and in Bordeaux.
– first place in the competition for the position of 1 solo flautist at the Royal Flanders Philharmonic Orchestra in Belgium
– numerous recordings for radio in Spain, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, USA
– records for labels: Polskie Nagrania, MDG, Quantum (Paris), Scotstown Music (Edinburgh), Tonpress (the album Antonio Vivaldi – Four Seasons was nominated for the Fryderyk Award)